Chili : Waitress Served an Alcoholic Drink to a Child

Written By afradad on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 | 3:20 AM

The mother of a four-year-old girl claims that a South Side Chicago Chili's served her daughter an alcoholic drink by accident, at least the third such incident in recent weeks.

Tyree Davis said her daughter, Brooklynn Morris, ordered a chocolate milkshake but instead was served a "Mudslide," a shake made with rum, at a Chili's restaurant on the 1700 block of West 119th Street.

"I was terrified, and I was calm because I basically wanted to make sure my baby was OK," Davis told ABC7. "She was like, 'I don't like it,' and I said, 'You don't like it? Why don't you like it?' And I took a sip. Immediately I could taste the alcohol, it was so strong."

Davis said her daughter had about four sips of the frozen drink before realizing it tasted funny.

"She was saying her stomach hurt her, her head hurt. She was saying, 'I just wanna lay down, Mommy. I just wanna lay down,' and she would close her eyes for a bit and then open them like you do when you are intoxicated," said Davis.

"I want it to never happen again. My goal is, I don't want this to happen to another child," said Davis.

The girl was taken to the hospital, according to NBC Chicago, where she was diagnosed with alcohol ingestion overdose. Her blood-alcohol content was .10, the Daily Mail reports; the legal limit for adult drivers in Illinois is .08.

0 comments:

Post a Comment